What is Programmatic?
According to a survey of Forrester 2016, more than 79% of marketers are already made Programmatic Buys last year. It becomes a prominent buzzword among agencies and clients. If you the rest 21%, we are here to tell you that why you have to start programmatic now and what it is.
Programmatic simply means automated. Programmatic media buying, marketing and advertising are the algorithmic purchase and sale of advertising space in real time. During this process, software is used to automate the buying, placement, and optimisation of media inventory via a bidding system. Automating the process means that it can be done in real time and doesn’t rely on the human touch, manual insertions and manual trading.
Audience Targeting is important
It perhaps the most important feature of programmatic media buying.
This allows advertisers to deliver a speciﬁc advertisement to a previously deﬁned audience only, ensuring higher levels of targeting success.
Programmatic buying = Real-time bidding?
No, it’s not. Real-time bidding (RTB) is a type of programmatic ad buying, but it isn’t the only one. RTB refers to the purchase of ads through real-time auctions, but programmatic software also allows advertisers to buy guaranteed ad impressions in advance from specific publisher sites. This method of buying is often referred to as “programmatic direct.”
It is safe to say programmatic buying will eventually have a dominant market share of online display buying. With the addition of RTB to social networks like Facebook, new strategies will present themselves that weren’t previously possible. Like many digital advertising trends, programmatic buying has evolved rapidly to become an essential tool.